I am now open. Please note that from 8th August 2020 Face Coverings/Masks are mandatory for treatment.
The Government have announced that Massage Therapy can now re-open. My governing association, The ISRM have worked closely with the information provided by the relevant bodies and have provided a specific set of guidelines to ensure that we can return to work safely. There are new procedures in place as outlined below:-
Prior to your appointment you will be sent two forms which must be completed prior to your appointment:-
Covid-19 Screening form
- This will ensure that you are fit for treatment.
- On the evening of your appointment you will be asked to confirm that your answers to these questions are still the same to ensure that treatment is still safe to go ahead.
- This needs to be completed by new and existing clients as it is over 4 months since anyone has had massage treatments.
- Completing this form prior to appointment will reduce face to face time which is advised to be as limited as possible.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you feel unwell or have developed any Covid-19 symptoms.
New guidelines for treatment
- As massage therapy is considered a "close contact" service the massage therapist is required to wear a face visor and it is mandatory that a mask or face covering is worn by the client on arrival and during the treatment (from 8/8/20).
- Standard medical masks are available to purchase at the Clinic for £1.
- You will need to take your face mask or face covering home with you.
- Please only arrive at the time of your appointment.
- You will need to sanitise your hands on arrival to your appointment and this will be provided.
- Please bring minimal items to your appointment.
- Only one person may attend an appointment. This means that I won't be able to treat any one under 18 for the time being.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- There will be a minimum of 15 minutes break between client treatments to ensure full sanitisation of the room and equipment can be completed.
- Cleaning of the couch, bolsters and face cradles will be done between each client.
- Couch Covers and Towels will be changed between each client and stored in a sealed bag. These will be washed at a minimum of 60 degrees each day. Clean Linen will be stored in a sealed container.
- The room will be fully ventilated between each client with the door kept open and the fan on.
- Door handles, doors, couch, wax bottles, card machine, boxes, light switches will all be cleaned in between clients.
Thank you for your continued support.